Knock Sensor Question

D Kunnath djktno at engin.umich.edu
Thu Jun 22 21:27:39 GMT 2000

         How "safe" is it actually to do this?  I have a knock sensor
problem with my 91 LB9...no audible knock and quality gasoline.  Can't
solve the problem.  Replaced the prom, but still get intermittent codes...I
wouldn''t mind a fix real soon since every time I hit the gas I get 20 deg
retard right away.  Really slows the thing down quite a bit.

         DK