Convert 6 cyl tacho for use with 4 cyl

black maj blackmin at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 05:36:18 GMT 2000

Hi peter

i encountered the same problem and dropped into the too hard basket...
however... i know for a fact you can buy generic el-cheapo tachos that can
be used on 4 6 and 8 cyl cars....  so i'm guessing you could remove the
electronics from one of these and use it??? or perhaps you could understand
the circuit... next time i have my car here.. i'll scan the pcb for you...
so you can work it out??? (was going to use the vn v6 tacho instrument
cluster)

Ben