WinBin vs PromEdit - problem with "mulOrDivOrBit"

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Wed Nov 1 10:47:38 GMT 2000

I'm still playing with $5D calibration, and making sense of GM formulas.
Some GM calculations use calibration data values A and B, and sensor value
x in a simple formula to derive y like:

   y = (A * x) + B   . . . formula (1)

Other times, but less frequently, y is derived like:

   y = (A / x) + B   . . . formula (2)

I believe there's a problem with WinBin's use of the "mulOrDivOrBit" field.
This is the 7th field definition term. Promedit uses it as follows:

   mulOrDivOrBit = 0,     . . . use formula 1 to evaluate expression
   mulOrDivOrBit = 1,     . . . use formula 2

whereas WinBin uses it like:

   mulOrDivOrBit = 0,     . . . evaluate  y = (x * A) + B
   mulOrDivOrBit = 1,     . . .           y = (x / A) + B

This unfortunately means that WinBin and PromEdit give different answers.

Peter.