When is a heated 02 sensor necessary ?

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Nov 2 04:07:23 GMT 2000

geeze, get a new o2 to eliminate it from suspician. Check fuel pressure and
pump voltage. Turn the adjustable regulator all the way up to see if that
affects it. Run the car up to the RPM that the problem occurs without using
WOT, then use WOT and see if the o2 drops immediately or waits until the
rail is depressurized (if you dont have a guage)

Dont do WOT blasts with that o2 reading persisting and test with a buddy in
the other seat while you drive and watch the road.

If you get knock than its pretty sure the o2 is telling the truth.