Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing

Dig turbodig at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 04:51:47 GMT 2000

> Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:08:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: Squash <realsquash at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Call for standards: EPROM/cal editing
> software
>
> A program that takes in table
> dimensions/locations/names and creates this TDF file
> would be nice.
> It would be harder to make dumb fromatting mistakes
> then.
>
> Squash
>
> - --- Peter Gargano <peter at techedge.com.au> wrote:
> > Skip this if ECU files (etc.) are not on your
> agenda today...

I fully agree... this would be really cool to have.
Having a standard format will make it much easier
to create one, as well, and the output won't be a
"mystery file".

That being said, I think it's still fairly important
to have the file itself be human readable and
editable,
such that you're not dependent on any particular
editor to create a file. Anything from WordStar to vi
to MS Word shoudl be able to create this file.

That pretty much relegates us to ASCII text, and the
only questions that remain are that of layout and
the sections involved in the file.

Later,

Dig
turbodig at yahoo.com