Fuel rail vaporization

Daniel Collins bossute at one.net.au
Sun Nov 5 07:29:57 GMT 2000

Howdy everyone , the weathers starting to warm up here Downunder  , I took
the Ponty for a drive yesterday and now in traffic I am getting fuel
vaporization problems at idle and part throttle. Outside ambient temp is
about 35 deg , soon to rise to 40 deg as summer hits and the problem shows
up when the intake air temp rises above 85 deg.
I have already blocked off exhaust crossover in manifold , added auto trans
cooler to fuel line , moved the pressure regulator so that it is above the
fuel rail. When it starts I can hear the fuel pump "groaning" and the engine
runs lean. Would raising the fuel pressure help or would it be better to
have a bleed off to keep the vapor bubble out ( I assumed the pressure
regulator would perform this function). has anyone experienced this and
overcome it ? any help would be appreciated.

Daniel Collins
Hot Downunder
Days like this makes yah want to fit aircon ! ,maybe I am getting spoilt
driving a late model car during the week .