Australian 1227808 ECU data for .ecu file

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Sun Nov 5 12:13:14 GMT 2000

Hi Ludis - you've been fairly quiet!

Ludis Langens wrote:

> Roger Merritt wrote:
> >
> > I am in Australia using the 1227808 ECU on a toyota turbo engine.
> > Another question I have is my
> > calibration is currently using a 2bar sensor, how can I change this to 3bar?

> What mask id is your '808 running?  The mask id is generally in the
> ninth byte (location 0x8008 or 0xC008) of the EPROM.  Is your setup
> stock OEM?  Or did some engine tuner mate the GM ECM with the Toyote
> engine?

Roger sent me his calibration - it's a $5D (ie. ASBX) - I asked
him a bunch of questions and he hasn't been back yet. He claims the
calibration was done with Kalmaker Workshop, but I don't think he
did it himself. His BIN had some of the instruction area zapped, so
I hope this happened after he read the MemCal!

> So far, I'm not aware of any stock 2bar (or 3bar) software for
> the '808.

As for stock turbo code, the 1227752, which is almost a 1227165, so is
almost a 12270808 too, runs the Isuzu 1.5L turbo ARB calibration, and
should run on an 808 (but without 8192 support!).

You don't know where I can get a schematic, or more info about the MAP
sensor this code uses do you?

I'm going to try and make some time to look at the ARB ($51) code
for that Isuzu. I've built up a bit of understanding of how GM tables work
from the $5D code. It didn't take me that long to work out where all the
3D tables are in $51, and what they are used for. But there's still a big
leap to being able to effectively use the code on an '808 and tuning it for
another motor (albeit a 1.5 L too!).

Peter.