Message formatting

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Tue Nov 7 03:24:29 GMT 2000

Don Burns wrote:

> I'll buy this. But the word to get out to all is that sending mixed text
> messages to any mail list is just plain RUDE.

Don, I'm afraid technology has exceeded a lot of people's ability to
cope. I'd say a lot of people have no idea that they're sending other
than text

   - damn it, it looks like text, it therefore can't be HTML. Isn't HTML
     that stuff with lots of graphics?

I'm afraid we'll have to cut them off at the gate if we're to solve the
"problem" once and for all.