DIY EGOR

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Nov 7 16:06:14 GMT 2000

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 01:52:44 -0500, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
wrote:

>One note in passing, any of this attitude of the list owing any one anything
>ain't flyin here at CSH, HQ.   Don't even write me with an IOU something
>attitude.

Geez, Bruce, you're beginning to sound like Snow White in menopause. I'm
sorry you're pissed at having to take up the responsibility for a DIY
UEGO, but *you* volunteered for it by making the announcement you did at
the POW WOW. You took the baton, I didn't "dump" it on you. I'm glad you
did, and appreciate the relief, but it was *your* choice, bud.

If anyone cares to look back at the archives, you will see that this
list contributed nuthing to the design nor anything else regarding EGOR.
Frank Parker offered his help in taking some sensor measurements early
on with his own NTK box, but that was it. That work was largely done in
private, just as TerryK was describing in his case. Zip zilch nada from
this group. It was to be a gift from me to the group, but with just the
one non-commercial proviso.

What exactly did you thing would happen when you announced you had a DIY
UEGO working? Don't be such a bitchy little child about this, and learn
to live with the ramifications of your actions. Did you expect things to
just carry on, ignoring the effect your announcement would have on
demand for the low-end? Get real, dood.

As the sole originator and worker on both the EGOR project and the name,
I have every right to (1) take it commercial when your buddies brazenly
said "screw you and your non-commercial proviso, we'll make and sell as
many of them as we please once you release the design", and (2) I have
every right to abandon the low-end when Bruce & Co have taken up the
charge to supplant it. Tis my right and you know it; live with it. Piss
on the gift-giver and he has every right to withdraw it.

I started the project, I did all the work, I came up with the name. For
you to claim list ownership of it makes YOU the pirate, not me. Next
thing you'll be claiming is you also own ION. Bwahahah. Go ahead, make
my day, lil caesar.

And I'll try to remember in the future that anything whispered in your
august presence becomes your property.

Gar Willis
EGOR Technology, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA