10 LED O2 monitor

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Nov 7 23:07:22 GMT 2000

> The 3914 chip used basically uses a 10 step resistor divider network and
> 10 comparators to decide which segment to light.  The default input
> range is 0-1.2V, but that can be changed to anything "reasonable" like
> 0-5V, etc.  So the answer is yes, it will work with any circuit that has
> an analog output.  I "think" both flavors of UEGO have an output voltage
> in the 0-1V range so this circuit should work pretty well out of the box
> with either one.

I can speak for the DIY EGOR.
At this stage no.
It's to be used with a DVM.
Once you look at the drawings it will appear why.
When it's to the stage of having a ecm interface, then you might entertain
something like that.  BUT,  again you'll only be interested  in a particular
range,  rather then the whole spectrum, or possibly several areas.  To get
the proper resolution will take work to get a LED *right*.
Also, realise it will take alot of damping to slow it down enough for human
to read.  The WB seems to be alot faster reading, then a switching type, as
least as far as my totally unscientific eyes go.  Was easy to see the
individual cylinder firings at idle.
I can see where for the human end a quickly decaying peak and hold item
might be the hot trick, rather then just capacatance.
While harder to read a LCD might be the best answer so you have enough
dynamic range.
HTH
Bruce

  If not the app notes at National have details about