connector pins -- was Re: 730 ECM Swap

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Wed Nov 8 00:52:06 GMT 2000

Dan Townsend wrote:

> FWIW - I have ordered a couple (3) ecm headers along with 200 of the
> connector pins and 1 of each of the 3 connectors.  Total cost of $42.

I'm (still) trying to get some connector pins that will fit the normal
'165 harness connector. I believe they are either:

  Part #    Cable Range (mm 2)   Material Plating
  12146448  1.0-0.80             Copper Nickel Alloy Tin
  12146447  0.50-0.35            Copper Nickel Alloy Tin

Problem for me is that, not being in the US myself, it's a bit hard to
organise contacting people selling these things - No-one has answered
any emails I've sent to companies selling these things.

I'd love to be in a group purchase that includes these pins. I'm
thinking of a 1,000 pin quantity to make it a worthwhile proposition
with air freight being a major percentage of the cost.

If any other Australians wish to get in on a group purchase then I'd
be happy to take your orders and relay them to whomever decides to make
the local (US) purchase. That way we can amortize the freight costs
among a larger group.

I did a group Australian purchase of 332 BDM boards that went off okay...

Contact me direct if you're interested in me organising a group of
Australians, or if you'd like to be in on our group, but make the US
purchase locally.

  mailto:peter at techedge.com.au    peter at techedge.com.au

Thanks.

... and BTW, FWIW - this is not a commercial purchase ... TTYL, Peter.