AFR calc from Diacom data... was RE: Adding another O2 sensor

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Wed Nov 8 16:00:26 GMT 2000

Well, the fuel economy recently slightly decreased with the headers, but the
calc'd AFR at 12.5:1 is traceable to day 1.  Last night, on the 30 minute
ride home, coolant temps were up over 180.  It was a little warmer here
yesterday.  The computer reads the sensor in the front of the intake
manifold, right? (TPI V-8)

So, the enrichment mode setting at 175deg, is that the whole story behind
the aftermarket chips and their 160 deg stat requirement?  Just to fool the
computer into richening the mixture?

Need to get the high speed link going.  As anyone encountered wiring
problems causing differing O2 readings?  I'm considering running a dedicated
ground from the O2 case to the ECM.  Bad idea?

Thanks a bunch!  I'll keep working on it.
Steve (starting wideband research effort)