1227148 ecu uploaded

Carl Ijames ijames at netaxs.com
Thu Nov 9 04:34:20 GMT 2000

> Someone left me a note that the '7148.ecu was on
> ftp ?? I don't see it, unless it's cleverly disguised...
> if anyone has, I'd sure like a copy.

I just uploaded the ecu file I've been constructing for the 7148, as file
cfi7148stock.ecu, to the incoming folder at the gmecm ftp site.  This has
most of the items I've ever wanted to fiddle with tuning my TR, but not
everything (notably, no flags yet, or iac stuff). In case anyone wonders,
I numbered the items sequentially until I hit a section I skipped, then
stopped entirely so I'd know where to pick up later :-). This is based on
the eprom in the 86-87 turbo 3.8's, vin 7.  I have all the rest of the
info so if anyone has a specific question on something I skipped just
email me or post.  A commented dissassembly is at www.gnttype.org, also,
if you want to really see what any data item does (along with an excel
spreadsheet with most of the data tables).  I want to thank the authors of
promedit and WinBin for making it so easy for me.  After 4 years of hex
editing with listing in one hand and calculator in the other, this is
sheer luxury.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames     ijames at netaxs.com