head gaskets

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Fri Nov 10 18:41:03 GMT 2000

   After the fact  Head Gasket distress caused by detonation , great idea to
   true the heads , check valve seating and Block Deck for distortion as
minimum
   insurance  that the engine won't need to be pulled down again.
   BTW, Detroit Gasket offers Marine - Race head gaskets that are cost
   effective  alternatives to Fel Pro. Factory torque sequence in 30,45,60,70
   with Moly  HB washers and MOS2 lube on head bolt spot face and under
bolt head
   helps maintain even torque. A Cyl  leak down test is wise to do now as well.
   Hard detonation of the magnitude the engine has incurred has tendency of
   causing Rod B.E. out of round condition and bearing failure. This may not
   manifest itself until a later date. Not cool that the game plays this
way , often
   it is the case though , unless your'e extra lucky, time will tell.
   Len