Question about WOT table in $8D bin

Romans, Mark romans at starstream.net
Mon Nov 13 01:51:35 GMT 2000

Hi Edmond:  I will try and help you.
This info applied to 165 ecm, using 87-88 code for F&Y body.  It "may" be the same for your app, if not it will
hopefully send you in the right direction. This info is being carefully typed just like it says in my MT manual.

"WOTR
This table is percent change to Air Fuel Ratio used at or near wide open throttle conditions Vs. RPM.  AFR is based
on 14.7:1.  The values from WOTC and WOTR are summed to arrive at the WOT Air Fuel Ratio.

Approximate WOT air fuel ratios may be calculated using the method shown below.

For the selected RPM, suppose the percent change to Air Fuel Ratio from the WOTR table is = -5.1 and the percent change
to Air Fuel Ratio from the WOTC table at the selected coolant temp is = 22.7, then the approximate AFR would be:

1 - (-5.1+22.7)/100 * 14.7 = 12.1:1 AFR"

If you have diacom it will show you the "Commanded" AFR.  Keep in mind that this is an estimate.

I am running a commanded AFR of 12.0:1 and I am sure it is leaner than that because if I drop the AFR a bit leaner the car falls down
and detonates, but 12.0:1 would really be too rich.

HTH's

Mark