DIS Ditty

Carl Ijames ijames at netaxs.com
Tue Nov 14 05:17:47 GMT 2000

Mr. Lecan posted:
> On the 1227148 they have a reference angle.
> I've been tinkering with some stuff, and ran out of roon timing wise.
> SO I figured, I'd just slide that over 10 degrees.
> Ooops, wrong answer, hard to start, when it did start finally start idled
> lousy, and While I did try it 50'  was not a fun ride.  I had moved the main
> spark over by ten.
>
> If some one sees the error in changing the reference angle from 70 to 60,
> and then adding 10d to the base spark table please let me know.

Oooh, oooh, I know this one :-).  The reference angle is subtracted from
the main table so add 10 degrees to both the main table and the reference
angle.  You advanced all the timing 20 deg. with your change.  (If you
ever look in a Thrasher chip, Tom Chou added $2B to everything in the main
table (not counting the tuning changes), the WOT table which uses the same
reference angle, and the ref.  angle.)

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames     ijames at netaxs.com