Question about...

rrauscher at nni.com rrauscher at nni.com
Thu Nov 16 16:07:02 GMT 2000

Tim,

I was wondering what cam you are running in the 350. (I think
you once posted a CompCams). Believe it or not, with the Isky
cam that I'm running in a 327, I am also running 42deg of
timing at WOT (~12.6afr). Aluminum L98 heads. The difference
in how well the engine runs going from 36/38deg to 42deg is
substantial.

I approached this value slowly and with caution. Apparently,
with this cam and the valve timing, it likes a lot of ignition
advance. I was surprised at my results. This is supposed to be
due to an early intake closing.

It will be interesting to get some true wot afr readings. . .

BobR.