PROM Size on a 165

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Fri Nov 17 13:42:46 GMT 2000

Is double-loading the thing to do, instead of just blanking out the second
half?  I ran into the same situation at work, I took an image off a 128 to
replicate, but only had 256's to use for the copies.  Nobody around here
had 'em in stock, either.. 128 must've been an unpopular size?  Anyway I
took the 128 image, only write the first 1/2 of the chip, leaving the high
side blank, and it seemed to work.  I guess the success of this would
depend on what the 128 circuit does with the pin that is used as the
high-order address line on the 256, I can't remember if it was NC or if it
had some other use on the 128.