Too many BCCs, too few mask ids

RDwoo10 at aol.com RDwoo10 at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 04:14:00 GMT 2000

This leads me to a question.  I don't completely understand the definitions
of all the terms.  I have found that there is a lot of information on your
web site regarding CPU's & applications etc. but nothing that tells you the
big picture.  Is there such a document?  I think what would pull it all
together for me is something like:

GM made a CPU the part number is XXXXXX7730.  for this CPU there is a Mask
ID, it is imbedded in the code & it means YYYYYYY.  there is also a Scan, ID,
 the scan ID tells you that this CPU has ZZZZZZZ.  the XXXX CPU can use a
YYYY Mask, ID but not a ZZZZaaaa Mask ID.  this is the piece that I am
missing here.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks as always.
 BW