Contribution to GMECM (AFR Modifier.exe)

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Mon Nov 20 00:59:57 GMT 2000

Guys (n Gals)...

I spent most of my weekend creating this program.  It has been uploaded
to 'incoming' under the name "AFRMod_1_0.zip".  There's a readme file.

What is it?  The $8D file has both Coolant and RPM modifiers for WOT PE.
 What happens when you want to calculate the AFR at a particular temp and
RPM (sound familiar)?  Well, 8D people need not worry anymore :-)  This
program opens a specified binary 8D file (checks the broadcast code to ensure)
and then populates a 17 x 9 grid (153 cells ... wow!) with all of the AFR
values (RPM vs Coolant) according the anht_hac.pdf formula.  Coolant Temp
is displayed in both C and F.  Double clicking a cell on the grid allows
you to change the AFR via either the Coolant Modifier or the RPM modifier.
 Checks are done to ensure the modifier is within range before repopulating
that column or row.  The modifiers are completely behind the scenes.  The
user only need to work with the AFRs.  Programatic highlighting of cells
and text formatting on the grid shows you what you have and have not changed.
 The program also logs the users moves through the program so that you can
keep tabs on what is going on.  Furthermore, if you are anal like me and
you wish to view the *actual* modifiers ... simply click a button and you
are viewing all of the modifiers (in Hex, in Dec, and also the LAMBDA equivalent
as specified by the hac).

There's other little stuff but I am just taking up space ....

Future improvements will allow you to change the modifiers directly and
also compare the current file's AFRs against another file's AFRs.  Also
would like to open this program up to other broadcast codes besides $8D.
 Eric, you listening?  If you like ... I can open the code to you if you
are interested in it for WinBin (as long as it stays FREE) ... just an offer
... no response necessary.

Tim
ok ... I'm really tired at this point ... ZZZ zzzZzzzzzz