Message Packrats

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Nov 22 05:59:10 GMT 2000

Wow!  Lotsa folks have volunteered on this one.  Hokay, the first best
choice is GMECM digests covering 11-1 through 11-11.  Next best would
be "keeper" posts or threads.

Best way I can think of, send me a note offlist that says you got the
stuff.  I'll let everyone know when it's done.  That way nobody is
asked to do more than they think they want to.

Thanks to everyone that has offered to help.
Shannen

A  J.C.R. Licklider of MIT (in August 1962) has recieved a few
unexpected votes.  Seems some people got confused trying to understand
the ballots and wrote in "the man who invented the internet"...

In a bizarre twist, Gore and Bush are seeking injunctions against the
Green party.  They're claiming Ralph Nader is the most unsafe thing on
the road to the presidency.

Congress is fully aware of the problems that occured when major
networks predicted the outcome of the election prematurely.  They're
working on passing legislation which will blackout any election result
broadcasts in states which haven't closed their polls.  Clinton is in
support, saying "It's a good idea to keep voters in the dark."

Local news said that one ballot counter in Florida was fired today.
He'd counted 500 votes for "Chad" before they caught him.

Chad is already demanding a recount.