Ecm role expanding?

Rich Vandervoort richvandervoort at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 04:41:10 GMT 2000

Fault detection for the processor for functions like ABS, TCS, ECS, throttle
by wire, ect. can use two processors on a single chip if any of the outputs
of the two processors do not agree then the system is shut down.  This is
not universal some systems do not have any output fault detection.  Some use
two separate, but identical processors or separate and dissimilar processors
that run different code.

Rich V.