Ecm role expanding?

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 13:28:21 GMT 2000

I believe that this is why we see the rise in import racing and "FWD
Performance".  Most kids can't afford the camaros and mustangs that use to
symbolize affordable performance.  So the answer for a lot of people is a
turbocharged civic.  The way I see it, hotrodding has always been about
having the biggest motor possible in the smallest (cheapest) car possible.
Why drop $30K on a Trans Am when you can get VTEC power under the hood for a
fraction of the cost?  The pony cars seem to have outgrown their roots and
are being replaced by a new generation of hotrodding fodder.

Jeremy