PWMs... What are they?

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Tue Nov 28 21:41:26 GMT 2000

Richard Wakeling wrote:

> With concern with the 3FXX locations, I know which locations map to some
> outputs... but I don't know all of them.
> Looking at Ludis's circuits, the 165 computer btw. He has labelled these
> as PWM3FXX and shown the outputs. e.g. PWM3FDA = D12 (I think)...
> however some are not documented, and he has already given the circuit a
> name such as IGN etc... so I can't work out the corresponding address.

OUT2 and SES are driven by bits in the control register at $3FFC.  OUT2
is the $0004 bit, SES is $0008.  SES has an inverter between $3FFC and
the pin.

IGN is the signal to the ignition module.  INJS is synchronous
injection.  Both of these have many control registers.  INJA is async
injection.  Its the output of a digital one-shot.  The one-shot is
triggered by a bit in $3FFC.

262144 is a 262144 Hz output.  I think its an internal clock.  There are
reports of it being only 65536 Hz.

> Does anybody know where I can get a list of these addresses?

Read through the ECMGuy hacks to increase your understanding of the
control registers.

> AND... what
> does PWM stand for?

PulseWidthModulation