Quick update of AFRModifier

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:51:27 GMT 2000

Earlier I said that I would have a new version early this week.  Well, I
am pushing that back until sometime next week.  I am in the process of making
many changes.  They are as follows...

Changed the name to HackyStack :-)
Added an intro Splash screen
Converted the application to an MDI application to allow user to view multiple
windows at one time.
Added a new log window
Added a new toolbar
Added a statusbar that shows current BIN's Mask, PROM ID, CSUM, and the
current value of the INS key, Caps Lock Key, Num Lock Key and date/time
Added a progressbar for labor intensive processes
Dynamically hide/show statusbar, toolbar, and log window as per user's request
Added options to open a compare file
Added options to compare data from 2 BINs on an existing window
Added a FULL binary file compare utility with text file output of differences
(can be saved)
Added CheckSum calculator that can view/change CSUMs
Added option to Change PROM ID
Added an INI file to store user preferences, etc.
Added option to change default directory for opening files
Added several calculators (Injector Duty Cycle, Injector flow rate vs. pressure,
 injector supported horsepower, nominal injector pulsewidth ... calculators
for bore, stroke, displacement, cylinder volume, and compression ... calculator
for cam lift with different rocker ratios ... calculators for conversion
of deg C to
deg F and vice versa and the conversion of inHg to kPa and vice versa)
Now allow $32 and $6E masks into the program as well as $8D.

I have a current screen shot that I could send to anyone who is interested.
 Just let me know.  Again, hopefully, I will have this ready next week.
 Most of the coding is already done.  I am hoping to eventually turn this
into a bull BIN modification utility that will use a definition file like
the .ecu file.  However, I would rather build upon whatever new standard
definition file is developed.

Tim