Bruce's Car of the Month...

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 18:20:15 GMT 2000

Jim Cotrill writes:

<<Steve,
Nice job on the Montie. >>

   Thank you sir.

<< Did you use a fuel tank from a 4.3L with TBI? >>

   For now, I used the stock fuel tank (the SS tanks are baffled) and got a new sending unit for a TBI 4.3.

<< And what fuel pump? >>

   The pump is a new GM 5.0 TPI pump, mounted right into the TBI sending unit.  Good thing most GM pumps are the same size. :)
   I am planning to upgrade to a 4.3 tank, since they apparently have a small baffle or well near the pickup.  I can starve the motor if I go around a corner too quickly and then hop on the gas with under 1/4 tank of fuel.  No problems though, if I don't drive like a maniac. :)

   See ya,
    Steve Ragusa
    North Jersey
'85 Monte SS with '87 TPI 305