AYSZ bin

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:00:35 GMT 2000

First, would anyone like a copy?

This is a junkyard find from a Lumina Z-34, 3.4 V6 DOHC.  Looked to be of
93-94 vintage, but hard to say.

Looking at the code I've found something of deep concern:  Whereas most code
has an rpm variable that goes up to 4800, AYSZ has a similar variable, but
it only goes to 3600 rpm.  This is the variable that is used to lookup up
the main spark advance and VE2 (VE2 normally goes to 6400 rpm)
Sooo... it appears to me that GM is treating the engine the same whether it
is revving at 3600 or *twice* that.

I've heard rumors that they backed the engine off to save transmission life,
but I've always dimissed them as wishful thinking ...

Any insights ?

Thanks

Jeremy