Reading Plugs

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Thu Nov 30 18:54:30 GMT 2000

    Normal Spark Plug "Read" procedure;  Full Power WOT. then cut clean[off]
    Don't allow engine to idle, or the "read" is junk info.
    Yes , make a full pass in executing the test.
    Here we go again; Specific spark plug designs / heat ranges have different
    time durations in which they color accurately . Different fuel branding
and
    "brews" also color differently and @ different  rates. Best advise ,
duplicate
    test environment by running on the same course , using the same fuel and
    spark plugs. Start with OE combos and adjust from there.
    Pay attention to the weather conditions as well. Always adjust
    Fueling and Spark for "Rich Best Power" . It will save you from a melt
down ,
    Unless you happen to have deep pockets and lots of time to waste.
    Len