Spark advance tuning made simple and quick?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Oct 1 13:40:34 GMT 2000

If you want to do something like that, I'd really suggest finding a used MSD
Multi Step Retard box.  Run a 2-4-6 d retard set of chips and some manual
switches, and you can accurately dial things in.
Burn a chip with some extra timing in the area you want to work in and go
driving.  BTW, BTDT, and went back to the Old Fashioned way, was too
confusing to try and track more then, a couple changes atta time before
having to burn a new chip anyway, and with the BL changing with the timing
adjust, would up having too adjust the fuel anyways,
  There just aren't alot of real short cuts, it all takes time.
You have your choice at this stage of spending the time to do a calibration,
or writting the code for the self learn, both take time, and there aren't
any short cuts.
  About the time you think you have a shortcut, you'll hopefully see the
errors in your plan.
Yesterday, I got adding the numbers up, and I'm, pushing have done a 1,000
chips / .bin files.  And still learning.
   Notes, Notes, Notes, and just doing it.
  It really starts to get to be clear after the first couple hundred....
Cheers
Bruce

Me, 60 series turbo, 40# injectors, stock I/C, was thinking I was getting
into big dog league
Went forra ride in
His, 70 series turbo, 50+# injectors, BIG I/C,  Geesssh, some 18 PSI but
with cooler air, and less restriction,
Hmm,
Glad I got my 55#ers yesterday <g>....

> << Sounds like something that would be of interest to both the GMECM and
DIY