PCV valve for TPI

Dan Townsend xybertron at cox-internet.com
Mon Oct 2 04:10:32 GMT 2000

How are you trying to adjust your idle?  What all have you checked?  I can
go pull off my PCV valve in the morning and see if it raises the rpm's at
all.  Mostly me forgetting to hook back up the brake booster is what cause
my rpm's to go crazy at idle.  I think basically all PCV's are created equal
except the shells vary slightly.  If you pull out the PCV and stick your
finger on the bottom with the engine running and it clicks it basically is
working right.  Also me idle sits kinda high when I first start the car.

Also take a look at http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/tpimod2.shtml and
see if that helps.

Dan