GTech as a testing device

Rex Weatherford rexweatherford at home.com
Mon Oct 2 19:30:48 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Zug." <dzug at delanet.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: GTech as a testing device

> MSD must gum up the sound signal but there IS a tach wire output.  The
last
> I messed with streetdyno demo it had a hard time interperating the noise
> out. Has the circuit been enhanced?  I'd like to get one (or partial) of
> your WAV files if you dont mind - to see how clean of a signal you got.
> Thanks!

Dave,

Seems that there were problems with that audio file so I trimmed out the bad
section and have a shorter version (unfortunately)  I just take the signal
that comes from the tach and tapped into it with a mono 1/8 plug jack.  This
gives a very high signal and I just record it into a camcorder.  Just be
SURE that you do NOT HAVE THE CAMERA GROUNDED!!  I think that makes a direct
ground....

Here's the file.......
http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/2nd_gear_east_stock_wav.zip

Perhaps one of the local EE's can help me with one of the problems I have
had....  It effects my tach to have this plugged in and it also seems to
effect the high RPM accuracy.

The DynoJet picks up off my CPS instead and it reads my cutoff accurately at
6900 RPM using an inductive ring.  The Street Dyno pickup, by using my tach
lead (direct wire in), seems to make the tach and Street Dyno read my RPM's
too low at the high RPM areas.  (6000 RPM's +)

Any ideas?  Would a pickup on the CPS be better?  Or would that just cause
direct ECM problems....

Thanks

Rex