anti-theft chips ?

Dave Zug. dzug at delanet.com
Thu Oct 5 13:44:28 GMT 2000

in '97 or so, I patched in code (manually - no compiler) after the checksum
to check TPS and compare it with 50%. checksum occurs at key-on and not
otherwise (from what I could find - no other calls to the start of the code)
based on the comparison I would select 1 of 2 spark tables when it came time
to do the 3d lookup. I suppose if you either put the execution into an
endless loop if TPS is not above 50% when the key is turned on. Interrupts
may override this though. I made a lengthy post regarding exactly what I did
maybe a year ago. another consideration is liability of coarse.  If the car
must be started in a panic, or BORROWED in an emergency it could gum things
up. If an accident occurs it will take high paid experts to testify that
there is no way your patch was responsible.

DISCLAIMER - DO THIS ONLY ON A TEST BENCH, for fun  ;-)

EFI performance made a security version for their GN chips that required a
sequence of activities, something like key, neutral, park, TPS, crank.