anti-theft chips ?

David Cooley n5xmt at triad.rr.com
Thu Oct 5 15:06:27 GMT 2000

At 09:46 AM 10/05/2000, you wrote:
>well ive though about this too....
>i don't know if it is an option on the truck ecm's, but i always thought
>with the 730, since there is vats.. and you can turn it on and
>off... regulate the frequency it wants.... you could always make i 555
>timer circuit like i did for the correct frequecy, and have a switch
>somewhere to activate the timer....
>or something to that effect.
>right now on my  truck (using the 730) i recently installed a decent
>alarm.  instead of the standard relay for the starter kill, i wired that
>output to power of my hiddden 555 timer circuit....
>just a though.

Just keep in mind that even the best alarm/anti theft/fuel cut etc device
will only keep the amateur/joy rider from getting the vehicle.
A serious thief will get it no matter what, and they usually don't try to
break in... they hit it with a cradle-snatcher tow truck, and get into it
later.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at triad.rr.com
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
I am Pentium of Borg... Division is Futile!