749 conversion

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 7 01:18:54 GMT 2000

Thanks for the response even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear :(. I am
VERY aware of the problems from detonation, and am running VERY conservative
timing (less than 20 degrees) for the application. I am using a Syclone
(with its cast pistons) as the model. Besides, I'd rather blow this motor up
10 times learning before I build a "good" motor. Pistons were $73 dollars
from NAPA. Where were yours breaking? All the 4-cylinder turbo apps I have
had any experience with have had ring/ring land troubles, never piston
skirts. Also, how much boost and rpms (with cast)? THANKS again for your
input.
Jon Fedock