749 conversion

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Fri Oct 6 03:10:08 GMT 2000

Jon Fedock wrote:

>     Hey cool project! I been working on an ALMOST similar project. I am
> using  a '730 running '749 code to run a twin (Chrysler) turboed Trans Am.
>  as all of the pistons had cracked skirts (#6 was
> broken off).
> this weekend (new cast pistons).

I used to find lots of piston pieces in the pan from detonation (with the motor
still running fine - just no rod bearings) One melted the main bearing inserts.
Broke 2 cast cranks and lots of pistons before I learned to control detonation.
Steel crank, forged pistons, stock rods, 5500 rpm and water injection fixed all.
T04B on a 350 SBC. turbos are fun. TomS

PS get ready to pull the motor again.