749 conversion

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 6 01:10:03 GMT 2000

    Hey cool project! I been working on an ALMOST similar project. I am
using  a '730 running '749 code to run a twin (Chrysler) turboed Trans Am.
Small world :). Runs (well ran) like a champ with 10 lbs of boost till #6
piston failed. After it started smoking, boost increased to 15-17 psi even
with the waste gates open! My guess is that the unburned gas/air/oil mixture
going into the exhaust (plug would oil foul) produced ALOT of extra energy
for the turbo(s) while it was burning in the manifold. I guess thats what I
get for using a $100 junkyard motor as a test <evil laugh> motor. Upon
inspection, the motor had seen some serious RPMs before I got it (all 8
exhaust valves had hit!) as all of the pistons had cracked skirts (#6 was
broken off). I KNOW I didn't over rev it- I didn't have to go over 4500 to
do what I wanted to do :). Seems most drivers of new 'Vettes think I'm
number one ;) ;) ;). Go figure. Anyway, I'll be putting the motor back in
this weekend (new cast pistons). This whole project is to go fast cheap keep
that in mind if you look at the pictures. Most everything is from the
junkyard except gaskets and bearings. I also will be MORE than happy to help
others with any such projects if I am able. I am NOT an expert, just an
enthusiast havin' a little fun.
Jon Fedock
www.GeoCities.com/JonFedock/index.html