MAP calculations?

Louis Baiani neptilou at attcanada.ca
Sat Oct 7 19:00:05 GMT 2000

On my old 1226519 ECM (CLCC ECM), I found some documents on the baro sensor
(supposed to output the same voltage as MAP for my vehicle).  I looked at the
formula someone typed up in the document, but found out it was wrong.  The
sensor itself tested okay using a meter and supplying negative pressure.  On
another ECM, the map formula was available, which was = (A/D cnts + 28.06) /
2.71.  My old formula was to add 38 or so and divide my 2.711.  Well, today is a
coudy day with a bit of rain.  Using the old formula, I got 101.4...using the
new one I found 97.4..which makes alot more sense.  Using your formula, I got
97.5.  It's not that far off actually :).  However, as the values change, that
little difference will probably split up, giving a higher error.  Therefore, i'm
not too sure about it either.  Is someone good with dealing with conversions,
and formulas we're not sure are right?

Louis