Nother thought

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Sun Oct 8 02:02:47 GMT 2000

>save the throttlebody money, the liwer intake money,
>the hardened pushrod money, the guideplate money,
> the fuel pump money, the MAP conversion money ;-)

Wow chief ... that's a lot of money.  What are you doing with it all ;-)

>street performance drops off slightly.

??  Try telling my car that :-)

Hindsight though - I would have gone with
>AFR's.  Oh well - next car.

True so true.  In retrospect I would have purchased the AFR210 competition
heads.  Oh well ... next motor.

>(I'm doing my 92 MAP Z28 convertible up
>with a 6 speed this winter.. then the sky's the
>limit for the year after ;-)

Very cool.  Ever think about the Fast Burn heads in conjunction with the
new Ram Jet intake?  You can buy both the heads and the intake separately.
 Seems like a great way to get similar results as compared to an AFR MiniRammed
motor.

>Mini-ram didn't take aeway your lower end performance in that setup?

Yes - I think so ... but, there we go making hypotheses again with no data
to back it up ;-)  However, with that said let me tell you that my MiniRam
motor with a PI Vig 2800 stall and 3.73s can BLAZE the tires through all
of first, second, and part of third.  Heh heh ... and we are talking Drag
Radials with solid bushing LCAs, solid bushing panhard, solid SSPE Torque
Arm set to -4deg, LCA relocation brackets on lowest setting, Air Bags in
rear springs, SFCs, blablabla ... you get the point.  I have serious traction
mods and the MiniRam can still roast the tires like crazy.  How's that for
torque!

Tim