reading a Knock Sensor

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Mon Oct 9 13:32:25 GMT 2000

>My TPI book says to use an A/C DVM and see if there is an A/C voltage on
it.
>Maybe others on here can shed more light.

I remember looking at an unfiltered Knock signal on an Opel 4cyl, it looked
just like 'pink noise' does on a CRO, only smaller, but then when the head
was tapped there was a big spike (O.K, only 3V or so). If I get the chance
I'll try to capture it from my car for a visual. After seeing it, you will
realise an AC meter ain't really much good.

Ross Myers