749 conversion

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 10 03:23:31 GMT 2000

Wow! Sounds like a wild ride! I guess I'm reinventing the wheel, but I gotta say its alot of fun!g pistons or Boost :)

Thanks for the input, Ive got the motor in with the cast pistons already. I guess if they don't
take it, I'll go with forged next time. THEN the fun will begin!
Jon Fedock

PS What kinda car was your setup in? Any time slips?

-->Jon Fedock wrote:
-->
-->> Also, how much boost and rpms (with cast)?
-->
-->ring lands seemed to be ok -just loose, broke bottom half of skirt, kind of a
-->diamond shaped piece, - usually the side away from the plug.  I was using junk
-->yard motors to learn on. 12-13 lbs boost, 2k to 5k, 5500 max rpm, (turbo + 650
-->holley too small) chipped the needle on the boost gauge on shifts. (15 lbs).
-->spark advance = 12 deg static, 18 deg mechanical, (30 total) + 10 deg in the
-->can, all in late - by 3500. usually won't ping over 3000-3500 rpm. most damage
-->occurs 2500-3K IMHO.  no flames please - this was an old beater chevy before
-->ECUs.  TomS
-->
-->To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the quotes)
-->in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org
-->