Help- Idle is driving me NUTS!

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 11 11:46:00 GMT 2000

From: "Reid Bishop" <rbish at ibm.net>

> I currently have my static timing set to 9BTC (I am at 6300 feet, so more
> timing is usually required.  Does anybody have the stock static setting
for
> a 4.3?

Start at 6 and add as necessary, just don't jump assuming you'll need more
timing.

> >> set min idle
> This is difficult to do, even with the ECM.  I have no mechanical throttle
> adjustment,

What throttle body are you using?.  Might be hidden under a plug, but all
I've seen, had one

 and the 1228062 ECM has no idle speed base that I can get to
> with WinTuner.  It only has adders for coolant temp.  I don't recall this
> setting in the '7747 either.

747 has a C/L temp enable, remind me tomorrow if no one responses with it.

> >> check for vac leaks
> Have checked, but find none.... but I admit I am not a master leak
detector.
> Any tricks?

Try WD-40 with the nozzle, and using pliers and pinching soft vacuum lines
closed

> >> how is the MAP plumbed
>
> Full stock setup here... MAP is plumbed via plastic tubing that is tapped
> into the TBI.  All tubing and hardware is in primo condition.
>
> >>IAC counts are alot higher then what I try for.
>
> I agree, however I am at 6300 feet... would that account for higher IAC
> counts?

Gets back to min idle speed.
Bruce