EGR Q's (was: Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode)

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Thu Oct 12 02:49:55 GMT 2000

I'm confused by what you've typed.  If "not" emissions constrained in your
application, then you'd be further ahead to disable EGR within the CAL, and
ameliorate all associated spark/fuel biases (assuming the EGR defeat had not
already done so).  If "yes" emissions constrained, then you'd best to try to
keep/tune EGR in order to avoid NOX consequences.  IMO, EGR is best used for
quenching NOX.......period.  All other ancillary effects/benefits are of
secondary consequence.

Walt.