Newbie help

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Oct 13 02:26:52 GMT 2000

Hi, Andrew.

TBI is by far the easiest conversion, using a stock engine.  For the
first time, try your best to find a pickup in the junkyard with all
the parts you'll need.  You never get them all on the first try if you
don't buy the whole truck. : )  Be prepared to do some custom
fabrication work.  It happens...  The DIY_EFI archives are full of
stories, notes, tips about conversions.  Big, big, big pro to TBI is
simple installation, easier to diagnose problems, lots of info on tbi
style 7747 ecm, and generally lower cost of parts.  Find DIY_EFI
archives, find DIY_EFI and GM_ECM home pages, get ready to do some
reading.  BTW, mebbe this question is more in line w/ the DIY_EFI
mailing list.

HTH
Shannen