EGR disabled and Knocking

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Fri Oct 13 02:38:51 GMT 2000

OK, I'm with Brent on this question. I understand that by not inducing inert
gas into the intake track and then increasing timing and leaning fuel would
cause knock, but the idea of  0ing out 1b3 is to disable the EGR function so
that not only does the EGR not function, the mixture shouldn't be leaned and
the spark not advanced so what's the deal?

Kevin R