Weird problem - any ideas?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Oct 13 12:58:02 GMT 2000

I have a odd problem, in the scan tool I have the BLMS for the left
and right go different direction and a couple of other oddities are
also there.

Here is some data I have:

Cyl	temp		cyl	temp
1	720		2	810
3	755		4	550
5	665		6	437
7	455		8	540

>From the above data I believe there is a feul problem with cyls 6&7
and that it is taking some fuel from the neighboring cylinders, it
also looks like cyl 6 is worse than cyl 7 by a fair margin as it
isaffecting the neighboring cylinders by more and 6 is also ocoler
than 7.  This data was averaged of 3 separate readings takin in a
round robin fastion.

Here is the BLM data:
Cell	RBLM	LBRM	ATPS	RINJ	LINJ	Samples
5	115	109	1.9	2.5	2.2	3537
6	110	109	3.9	2.5	2.3	5605
7	112	110	5.7	2.6	2.4	3007
10	114	113.4	7.8	3.2	3.2	1695
11	116	118	14.0	3.8	3.8	3403
15	126	127	39.3	5.9	6.0	235
16	149	113	0.0	3.2	2.4	28066
17	144	112	0.3	2.6	2.0	2930
18	132	112	2.4	3.1	2.5	14347

Now from the above the problme seems to be less at higher TPS values,
I just cannot figure out what would cause this data.   My only guess
is there are a couple of marginal injectors (marginal in different
ways?).

Any ideas.   This is on a new motor, with old injectors (3year old)
30lb ford SVO red top injectors.

I will probably be swapping one of the bad injectors around to se if
the problem follows the injector this weekend.

			Roger