730 Pump Shot

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Fri Oct 13 15:54:36 GMT 2000

My understanding of the vac-referenced FPR was that it compensates for the
effect of vacuum at idle on the output side of the injectors.     In other
words, when you don't have zero vacuum (WOT), the vacuum in the intake
actually helps to pull fuel out of the injectors; decreasing the fuel
pressure compensates for this.

TBI doesn't have a referenced FPR since the output side of the injector is
never exposed to intake vacuum.

-> Bob