Tuning question for 730 ECM

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Oct 15 12:43:21 GMT 2000

I believe it's TCC.  But if you've changed the mph value in the prom
and the tcc still applies, there must be something else controlling
it.  Looking at mph on the scan tool is no guarantee that you're
seeing what's actually happening, only the symptoms.  A quick glance
through the ANHT hac tells me RPM can also be a factor in tcc apply.
What's your load value when TCC applies?  What's the RPM?  Is the TCC
RPM vs MPH bit set for MPH?  Have you tried modifying anything in the
TCC tables besides the TCC unlock prevention threshold?

The question about disconnecting VSS was to help determine whether or
not the ecm is using mph or some other factors to lock tcc.

Don't trust scan tools when it comes to tcc diagnosis.

Guys in GM dealerships were making those "magic harnesses" back in the
early 80's, when GM thought it was wise to lock TCC around 27mph.
Sometimes TCC locked before the car got out of the driveway.  Talk
about dogs... : )
HTH
Shannen