Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Try A Redundant Ground Lead

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at home.com
Mon Oct 16 01:54:25 GMT 2000

Someone later pondered "what's the diff" between the three heated O2 P/N's
listed in my prior post.  Good question!  The diffs are minor, and are
described as below.  Basically, whichever one you can find will work for
you.  Happy hunting...........

AFS-40 is "water resistant", and has 4 leads.  Two leads are power & ground
for the heater.  One lead is the O2 sense wire.  The last lead is a
redundant ground, which is also electrically connected to the shell threads.

AFS-45 is a "water proof" version of AFS-40, which just means its a bit more
tolerant of moisture.

AFS-60 is basically the same as AFS-45, but has a slightly different heater.

Walt.