GN injector offset

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 19 12:00:00 GMT 2000

>>Would any of you who are familiar with the GN PCM/bin care to tell me
>>if it includes an injector offset vs. battery voltage table?  I'm
>>using a set of stock GN 30lbers (0 280 150 218) in my LT1 and wouldn't
>>mind updating this data in the LT1 PCM if its readily available.
>
> It has both injector offset ($34C1) and pump compensation ($34D3) vs.
> battery voltage tables.  The pump comp table is a multiplier but is
> all ones.  The inj offset is in msec and gets added to the calculated
> ipw:
>
> Volts   Offset, msec
>  0.0     7.78, N=E*32.768 so 7.78=$FF
>  1.6     7.78
>  3.2     7.78
>  4.8     7.78
>  6.4     7.78
>  8.0     3.3
>  9.6     2.0
> 11.2     1.5
> 12.8     1.07
> 14.4     0.82
> 16.0     0.64
> 17.6     0.46
> 19.2     0.46
> 20.8     0.46
> 22.4     0.46
> 24.0     0.46
> 25.5     0.46

What's very interesting is the rather large difference in response time
for the GN 30's vs. the LT1 24's.  Here's the table from the LT1 vs.
select points from the GN.

     LT1                    GN
Volts	Offset (mS)	Volts	Offset (mS)
0	0.33
1.6	0.33
3.2	8.36
4.8	8.36		4.8     7.78
5.2	8.36
5.6	8.36
6	6.32
6.4	4.06
6.8	3.24
7.2	2.69
7.6	2.23
8	1.93		8.0     3.3
8.4	1.70
8.8	1.57
9.2	1.44
9.6	1.28		9.6     2.0
10	1.15
10.4	1.02
10.8	0.88
11.2	0.75		11.2     1.5
11.6	0.62
12	0.52
12.4	0.43
12.8	0.33		12.8     1.07
13.2	0.23
13.6	0.20
14	0.16
14.4	0.13		14.4     0.82
14.8	0.10
16.4	0.07
18	0.00
19.6	0.00

I expect the .74mS difference @ 12.8 and the .69mS difference at 14.4
will have a drastic effect on idle/low rpm fueling if not corrected
for properly.  That's really why I was interested in this data.

Thanks for all the help!

-Scott