Utility testers needed...

Anders Hogrelius SdU elt96ahs at mds.mdh.se
Fri Oct 20 23:14:07 GMT 2000

I've made a litte utility to use with .bin files from the 7747. I made it
for the specific purpose to be able to "move" all fuel and ignition tables
between images. The reason is that i'm installing a TBI system in my -87
elCamino which has a 305 engine, and the TBI system is from a -88 chevy
Blazer which had a 350 engine. Both cars has the same options, AC and a
automatic tranny with lockup. Thsi meant that the only thing i needed to
change in the chip was the fuel and ignition tables. The rest of the stuff
regarding the options in the car should be left untouched.

The program has two parts. The first one is used to extract all the tables
from the .bin file which you'll later insert into the other .bin. The
tables are saved in a file with the extension .tbl

The second is used to insert the tables into the other .bin file, and at
the same time making a copy of the original. It also calculates and write
a new checksum in the file.

In my case i used the first program to extract the tables from a .bin that
came from a car fitted with a 305 engine and with more or less the same
axle ratio. I then injected these tables into the .bin i got from the ECU
that came from the blazer. What i ended up with was a image of a AJUK
chip, but with the fuel and ignition tables from a 305.

So far i haven't tried the chip in the ECU, but i see no reason why it
shouldn't work. I tried running C.A.T.S Engine tuner on the file, as well
as their checksum utility, and all seems to be well.

If someone wants to try the stuff out it can be downloaded from:

http://www.mds.mdh.se/~elt96ahs/downloads/tbltools/tbltools.zip

I'd like to get some feedback, positive as well as negative if someone
uses the program.

Bruce Plecan's programming 101 should be mentioned, without the
information he has gathered i wouldn't have been able to write this prog.

--
cheers,

/Anders

Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
your monitor or hide them under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put
them on a website, and you must change them very often.

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs at mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras